Thank you to meena at Tatooed Pages for tagging me in this award! This is the second time I’ve done this award, but the questions are new each time, so I’m going to give it a go!
1. Display the Award’s Logo on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you, and mention them in a link that easily links them back to their own site.
3. Answer ten questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and inform them about the nomination.
5. Ask them ten questions of your choice.
1. Do you read comics or graphic novels? If so what are your favorites?
Yes! Though I haven’t read a ton, there are quite a lot of graphic novels on my TBR. My favorite graphic novel is Fun Home by Alison Bechdel. I don’t really read comic books, but I actually am currently reading my first one, Serenity: Those Left Behind, which contains the first 3 comics based on the TV show Firefly (and film Serenity). Both the show and the film are fantastic, and the comics are looking like they are too!
2. Besides blogging or reading, what do you like doing?
I am a bit of the theater nerd. I grew up signing and dancing, and I try to continue that as much as possible now that I am a real person and not in school. I am currently in a production of Camelot at my community theater.
3. Name three of your absolute favorite bloggers. (Book related or other)
I really like emryal from “I’m Right Here Because I’m Not All There,” because she writes my favorite book reviews. I tend to not read a ton of reviews, but I read hers, regardless if I’ve heard of the book, because they are very thoughtful and well-written. I also recently found The Orang-utan Librarian, who is delightful! Thirdly, I’d have to go with rakioddbooks. I only follow book bloggers, and a small portion at that, but I still had a hard time coming up with this list because I love all the ones I follow!
4. What are your favorite shows/movies?
Shows: Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Firefly, Doctor Who, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, So You Think You Can Dance… Movies: Stranger than Fiction, Big Fish, Amélie, Tangled (and really anything Disney Animation), the Lord of the Rings trilogy (NOT the Hobbit, f*** those films), the first Pirates of the Caribbean, Master and Commander, Chicago, The Phantom of the Opera (w/ Gerard Butler). Basically anything with adventure and/or magic and/or signing and dancing.
5. What quote do you love?
“Not all those who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien
6. What genre do you most enjoy?
7. How often do you use Goodreads?
Fairly often: whenever I start or finish a book, or if I find a book to look up or add to my TBR. I’d say I open Goodreads every few days.
8. What is blog post you loved most writing so far in 2016?
Haha – I’ve barely written anything in 2016. So I guess I have to go with my last one, a recommendation post for January. I had some commenters who had never heard of the book and are now interested to read it, which is the goal!
9. What’s your biggest blogging goal in 2016?
Post at least twice a month. Definitely manageable, though I know for some that doesn’t sound like much. My 2016 is going to be a hectic transition year. I don’t follow a blogging schedule; my only regular post is a monthly recommendation. So I figure if I at least get that out every month, with at least one other post, I will feel good.
10. What’s the book you keep recommending to everyone and anyone who breathes?
Probably The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It’s a book for book lovers, and it is absolutely delightful, so it’s my go-to for recommending.
I will not be tagging anyone in this because I have already done this award (and I’m not sure if those I tagged last time have yet posted theirs!). But definitely check out all the bloggers I mentioned above! =)
1 thought on “Siblinghood of the World Bloggers (take 2)”
You are the sweetest! Thank you so much both for the kind words and for reading! I appreciate it!
LikeLiked by 1 person