Thank you to Brigitte at The Book and the Bone for tagging me to do this! It’s a pretty fantastic tag so I’m excited. Here goes:
- Randomly choose 3 books (pro tip: use the “Sort > Random” option on your Goodreads’ read shelf).
- For each group, decide which book to burn, which one to rewrite, and which to reread (like Marry, Boff, Kill).
- Repeat until you completed three rounds (or six) (or however many you want to do).
- Reread: Emma by Jane Austen. It is my favorite of all the Austen books I’ve read. (Click here to see why).
- Rewrite: The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It really dragged for me, but I love this series, so it could use a rewrite. (See my review here).
- Burn: The Book Without Words by Avi. I read this in elementary school and remember enjoying it for its dark fantasy (I may have written a poem about it, too…) but I’m burning it since it’s the farthest of the 3 from my memory and I have no bad feelings about doing so.
- Reread: Definitely Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I love rereading the HP books and I could never ever burn one.
- Rewrite: Eldest by Christopher Paolini is the second book in the Inheritance Cycle, which I never finished. I liked it, but apparently I wasn’t crazy enough about it to ever finish the series, so it could probably do with a rewrite – maybe shorten up that long training sequence…
- Burn: THIS IS SO HARD, but I’m going to have to burn The Summer Book by Tove Janson. I like this book a lot, but of the three, it’s the one that has the least sentimental connection to me I suppose, so it’s gonna have to go (BUT IT PAINS ME).
- Reread: The Silver Linings Playbook, because I apparently really loved it and gave it 5 stars, but I don’t remember what was so great about it…so I’d like to reread it to remember! (Read my [very old] review here).
- Rewrite: Avalon High by Meg Cabot, because I read it in high school and remember thinking that it could have been a lot better than it was, but the concept was cool.
- Burn: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket…as much as I love The Series of Unfortunate Events, you have to admit that every book is basically the same. I feel no regret burning this one.
- Reread: Absolutely The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde. It’s one of my favorite books. Ever. Go read it.
- Rewrite: Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan. Once again, I don’t remember anything about it, so it could probably use a rewrite.
- Burn: New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. I am not a Twilight hater or anything, but, c’mon. Not even a hard one.
- Reread: This was a really tough one! I’m going to reread A Year Down Yonder because it is just so darn good…
- Rewrite: then I guess I have to rewrite The Casual Vacancy even though I actually do want to reread it. Maybe make it slightly more happy??
- Burn: Another book I don’t like burning, but Death of a Salesman loses this one, even though it hurts.
- Reread: YIKES! What a lineup! I will reread The Great Gatsby because I don’t think I could ever tire of rereading that book.
- Rewrite: I will rewrite Number the Stars cause you can’t burn a book about the Holocaust…
- Burn: and I will burn 1984, which is probably the most ironic answer to end this post on, and I do not like it. I do not like it.
Michelina @ Adventures of a Book Addict
Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks
Zezee @ Zezee with Books
Beth @ The Books are Everywhere