Welcome to my first ever unboxing post! In a previous post, I talked about some of the subscription boxes I was debating about starting, and I settled on Uppercase. I received my first box this month, and I am quite pleased with it. I say “box,” but it really comes in this adorable cloth bag that they somehow manage to fit all the things inside of:
Here is what’s inside:
- ADORABLE tote bag (design by Risa Rodil; Uppercase exclusive)
- Hand-written note from the curator of the box, Lisa
- Deathly Hallows wooden magnet (from Juniper & Ivy Designs)
- 2 bookmarks: one that matches the book, and one with page numbers and corresponding codes to enter online for extra content while reading!
- The book: My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
I love this book selection because it literally just came out on June 7th and is not super well-known. I like that they promote new YA books that aren’t necessarily surrounded by hype. It is described as a historical fantasy and looks very entertaining. I’m also looking forward to checking out what kind of bonus content they have online while I read!
Additionally, Uppercase books are always signed by the author (in this case…heheh *in this case*…all 3 authors), which I find really special.
Overall I would recommend Uppercase so far. I know there’s also an option to add extra items to your box if you want, kind-of like an à la carte style. Like, if you want the DH magnet next month, you might be able to add one in from the extras they have from this month. I’ll be keeping my subscription for now (it’s slightly less expensive than most of the other boxes out there) until further notice!