Greetings, weblings! I got the July Uppercase Box a few days ago and thought I’d share the unboxing. It was a good one, so get ready for it.
- Super cool, vintage/bookish sticky-note set
- Hand-written note from the curator of the box, Lisa
- Rainbow pencils with bookish phrases
- The bookmark with page numbers and corresponding codes to enter online for extra content while reading
- The book: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- This Savage Song button (reads “Human or Monster?”)
That’s right; the book this month was none other than This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. This book has been everywhere lately so now I have no excuse for not reading it, and no excuse for not reading ANY Schwab books yet, which I know is bad. Very bad.
My favorite part of this box was the awesome sticky notes, because I am a sucker for cute office supplies.
My one complaint about the box this month was that the corners of the book were bent quite a bit from the shipping; Uppercase doesn’t come in an actual box, but a cloth bag inside a bubble envelope, so it’s easy for the books to get damaged. This will definitely be going on a feedback form (also, I don’t fancy accumulating all these little cloth bags, though they are cool).
The book is signed by V.E. Schwab, which is a cool thing Uppercase does with all their books. Altogether I was happy with this selection, though other subscribers may have already read the book, so I can’t speak to people who are more up on things than I am.