Oh hi blog.
It’s been a minute.
This post is gonna be just plain ranty and about nothing much in particular. Have a popcorn.
I haven’t been on the blogosphere for a while, which is something I’ve noted in just about every post for the past few months. I’ve still managed to put up 5 posts this month, which is great/normal/nothing to go on about for being too few for my standards… and yet. Yet, I still feel I’ve neglected it. I’ve also neglected reading everyone else’s stuff, which I feel is the sadder part because I’m sure the constant wonderful posting has not ceased from all you lovely people. Sorry ’bout that.
And it’s not that I don’t have ideas. I have over 20 drafts at the moment. But you know, I don’t feel like writing them. Even the good ones.
I met someone.
Like 10 years ago.
But essentially for the first time a few months ago.
I hesitate to talk about personal things on my blog. A few times I have gone into life-y things, but never about boys, cause eww.
But here’s the thing.
I haven’t felt the urge to blog since my mind has been on other things. And I’ve never felt so good about something/someone in my personal life to actually talk about it on my blog. But this blog, after all, has first and foremost been a place for my thoughts, and my thoughts at the moment look a little bit like this: BOY eat sleep BOY work BOY read BOY eat BOY sleep BOY work BOYYYYYY. Notice that “blog” is not one of those thoughts.
I wonder if this has ever happened to anyone else? Blogging has always been something I’ve enjoyed immensely (obvs), but all of a sudden, I’m pretty apathetic. Except about this post. This post is one that I really truly had the urge to write, which is the feeling I’ve had for about 99% of my posts in the past – the remaining 1% being those in the last few months. I used to feel this urge to blog, to get out my thoughts. And now, well, the only thing I have the urge to write about is this.
I also thought that maybe this post, because it’s one of those I feel the urge to write, will reignite the urge to continue regular posting. Will it work? I suspect it might. I just needed to get it out there, ya know? Shout it out to the internet: I MET SOMEONE AND HE IS PERFECT SO SORRY I HAVEN’T BLOGGED. Phew. Ok, back to books before you throw up.
Just to update you a bit on what I’ve been reading, here’s a quick list. I’ve read much more recently, but these are the ones I’m not likely to review later, so I’ll mention them here instead:
- The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
- The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett (my first Discworld book, can you believe it??)
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
- Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michaelangelo, and Me by Ellen Forney
- Vision in White by Nora Roberts
- Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
- Snow White by Matt Phelan
- The Secret World of Arrietty (manga volume 1 and 2) by Hiromasa Yonebayashi
- Love is Love edited by Marc Andreyko
Not gonna comment on these, but feel free to ask about them in the comments! I’d love to get back into some bookish opinion-sharing with ya’ll!