Shout-out the The Orang-utan Librarian for tagging me in the Classics Tag (told you I’d get to it eventually)! Woooo! Let’s be all cultured and shit and talk about the *classics.* I’m even going to leave all the British spellings in the post questions just to feel extra fancy. Lez go.
UUUHHHHHHHHHHHG. *stretching noises*
Hey, blog. It’s really good to see you. I thought I’d do a nice, easy tag today. You may or may not know that I just got back from Disney World, where my brother got married. It was magical and wonderful and phantasmagorical, but now I’m back in the real world, and naturally, because of travel and lack of sleep and adjusting back and forth to cold weather, I am ill. But that’s ok because it was seriously one of the best trips of my life and any cold is well worth it.
Anyway, a tag.
Another huge thanks to the Orang-utan Librarian for tagging me in the Blogger Aesthetic Award! This is a super fun tag cause it lets you play around with images and hopefully lets your followers get to know you in a new, creative way! Very excited for this one! Here are da rules and some tips:
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favourite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
I was nominated by Nancy and Kathleen at Graphic Novelty for the Mystery Blogger award! I recently discovered their blog and instantly fell in love. They are 2 librarians in the Chicagoland area that blog about graphic novels! I, too, am in the Chicagoland area, I’m studying to be a librarian, and I love graphic novels! Match made in heaven! Here’s the award:
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
I was tagged by my all-time favorite primate, The Orang-utan Librarian to do the Nostalgia Tag! I’m a pretty nostalgic person, so I’m excited to do this tag and take a look back at the things I loved as a kid. Off we go!
What are some of the tv shows you remember watching?
I was a total Nickelodeon kid. My favorites were Hey Arnold and Spongebob Squarepants (the old Spongebob, like 1999-2003. None of the new crap). I also loved me some Rugrats. And departing from Nickelodeon, Saturday mornings were for Recess on ABC.
GOD BE PRAISED! After my post 2 days ago in which I bemoaned having no energy to blog towards the end of NaBloPoMo, I’ve been tagged in two tags by two of my favorite bloggers! To the Orangutan Librarian and Zezee – thank you for hearing my plea and helping me out! You da best, friends!
This post will have very few images cause I really don’t want to spend a ton of time making it look pretty as I am so over this blog-every-day thing and just want to be done. So. IT’S LIGHTNING ROUND TIME.